Family Planning & Contraception
- Pre-conception advice
- Fertility screening
- Advice on contraception and finding the best contraceptive for you
- Emergency contraception and counselling
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Intra-uterine device (IUD – Mirena and Jaydess) insertion and removal
- Antenatal Ultrasounds are provided on site for pregnancy assessment and fetal growth assessments.
- Standard maternity care includes pregnancy testing, antenatal and postnatal care.
- Nurse and doctor led ante-natal visits to provide expectant mothers with enough time to address any issues.
- Advice on vaccination safety in pregnancy and the provision of both influenza and pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines to protect the mother and unborn baby.
- GP Care is a Pro-Vaccine practice
- All medical research has proven time and again that vaccines are both safe and essential
- We provide an extensive vaccination service with pre-vaccine counselling, catch-up scheduling
- We have developed a “clean” vaccine clinic where only children are seen, this prevents exposure of children to unwell patients.
This clinic runs in our Galway City East Primary Care Centre facility and attendance here for vaccination is recommended. Children are then observed following their vaccine for a short period to ensure no adverse reactions or allergy.
All of our medical staff have extensive experience in children’s health.
We have a holistic approach to children’s healthcare in a child-friendly environment.
- Developmental assessment
- Autism awareness
- Second opinion provision for parental concerns
- Childhood immunisations and catch-up vaccinations
- Paediatric blood testing as necessary
- Allergy testing